Parents are the first and most important educators of their children.
Therefore we encourage parents to become involved in making our pre-school a welcoming and stimulating environment.
Ways in which our parents participate include:
- Communicating with staff about their individual child’s needs, activities, interests and progress.
- Joining the Parents Rota and helping in pre-school sessions. Helping at the session enables you to see what the day-to-day life of the pre-school is like and to participate in helping the children to get the best out of their activities.
- Providing, making and maintaining the equipment used in the children’s play activities and offering to demonstrate particular skills in class (cookery, art, music etc.)
- Joining in community activities in which the pre-school takes part.
- Joining the Parental Management Committee (see below).
Parental Management Committee
Our Parental Management Committee’s responsibilities may include:-
- Assisting with the management of the pre-school’s finances
- Arranging and helping out at fund raising events, such as the May Fayre etc.;
- Assisting with the employment of staff;
- Implementing and maintaining up-to-date policies to ensure that Oldland Pre-School provides the highest standard of care and education for your children; and
- Ensuring that the pre-school works in partnership with our children’s parents.
If you would like further information about our Parental Management Committee and/or wish to join the Committee please telephone 0117 9328411 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org